Prev: Re: [GZG] More beta ships Next: Re: [GZG] Re: More beta ships (Ken Wang)

Re: [GZG] Of Vehicles and Nations, Part II - revision

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:19:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Of Vehicles and Nations, Part II - revision

***
For that matter, I've never understood why a minuature manufacturer
doesn't SELL Sci Fi minis that way.  Well, ok, a few do to a certain
extent, but what I mean is, why not make all the turrets compatible
with all the vehicle hulls, and sell them that way?
***

Can be a bit limiting for the sculptor; all bits have to match, so the
largest turret matches up with the smallest hull. Even if you consider
this
reduce ab absurdum, it does mean a certain restriction of contact
points,
flat spaces where turrets meet hulls, etc.

Even 'all turrets matching all hulls of the same size' means some
fiddling
with curves and 'junk' features on each.

Not saying it can't be done, just that the result may lead to
uninteresting
and un-diverse designs.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] More beta ships Next: Re: [GZG] Re: More beta ships (Ken Wang)