Prev: Re: [GZG] ESU Ural class Naval station : Irkutsk - 337 - WIP Next: Re: [GZG] Of Vehicles and Nations, Part II - revision

[GZG] Re: More beta ships (Ken Wang)

From: Ken Wang <azuredolfin@y...>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:02:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [GZG] Re: More beta ships (Ken Wang)

I didn't know you (Roger) were working on the Japanese Faction. I also
created SSDs for the Japanese and placed them on the Full Thrust
Yahoogroup site. I had talked to Vince about the Japanese. BTW, nice
write up, I thought they would be more "corporate" as well. I think my
vision had them really far over to a corporate government almost guild
house-esque. My designs were Pulse Torp centric and use of
Mecha-fighters. I have mulled over the rules for Mecha and would love to
discuss them. Regarding the IJN or IJSF, Kaigun translates to Navy, but
literally, it translate to "ocean force" or "ocean military group".
Since, I'm not Japanese nor am I fluent, my attempt was "Teikoku
Uchuugun" or Imperial Space Force with "Japan" being implied. Anyone
have the DVDs for Star Blazers? Maybe some hints there. Like I said, I'm
not fluent, so I don't know if "Uchuugun" even makes sense. I find this
fascinating, in that, there does not appear to be as much motivation for
working on other f!
 actions
 (think that the minis may something to do with that). I have also
worked on second generation OUDF ships, something that is a little more
refined than what the minis are. Just wanted to share my thoughts. - Ken