Prev: [GZG] ESU Ural class Naval station : Irkutsk - 337 - WIP Next: [GZG] Re: More beta ships (Ken Wang)

Re: [GZG] ESU Ural class Naval station : Irkutsk - 337 - WIP

From: Robert N Bryett <rbryett@m...>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:38:10 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] ESU Ural class Naval station : Irkutsk - 337 - WIP

Very nice model! It looks very ESU-ish; None of your pansy curves for
them!

The proposed weapon fit looked a bit odd though. Single-arc heavy
beam batteries on a platform that can't manoeuvre (at least it
appears to have no thrust rating)? There *are* three Class 5
batteries though, so one would only need to pay for one extra arc per
battery to get all-round coverage. Two 3-arc C5s would be cheaper.
Definitely what Jack O'Neill would call "Honkin' great space-guns",
and I have a weakness for them that I blame on E.E.Smith...

I'd probably drop the missiles and give it more point defence,
because fighters and missiles would seem the greatest threat, but YMMV.

Best regards, Robert Bryett
rbryett@mail.com