Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Armour with Shotguns Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Armour with Shotguns

Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Armour with Shotguns

From: Brian B <brianbinor@g...>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:42:55 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Armour with Shotguns

On 10/7/05, Fred Schmidt <fcschmidt@prodigy.net> wrote:
> Without some kind of artificial gravity or inertia dampeners,
everytime a
> ship changed speed or made a sharp turn, wouldn't its crew become
chunky
> salsa against the trailing bulkhead?

I believe Messrs. West and Atkinson have addressed this question
sufficiently.  Let me just add: Wah.  That's the setting, those are
the limitations, the characters (it's an RPG setting) can deal with
it.  I can see why others might decide to add certain technologies
into a setting to allow certain behaviors by characters, but I'm
taking hte opposite approach.

> Aside from that, perhaps boarding parties could be trained in the
"Ender's
> Game" style of weightless combat.

Probably.