Prev: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Armour with Shotguns Next: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Armour with Shotguns

Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Armour with Shotguns

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 19:30:32 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] [SG] Cracking Eggs with a Sledgehammer, was Power Armour with Shotguns

> Without some kind of artificial gravity or inertia dampeners,
everytime a
> ship changed speed or made a sharp turn, wouldn't its crew become
chunky
> salsa against the trailing bulkhead

 Unless they are strapped into acceleration couches.
 Amusing scenario:

"Oh, look. Some idiot's attempted to board us."
"I can play Silly Buggers too!"
*Slams hard on the acceleration control for about 3 seconds.*
"Send a cleanup crew."
 Seriously, a setting without artificial grav means boarding actions are
only possible when the boarded vessel's engines are completely disabled.
 Of course, a setting with controllable artificial gravity means
boarding
actions are more or less impossible, as rapid polarity reversals with
selected gravity generators will take anyone not strapped in and slam
them
into the ceiling, then the deck, then the ceiling again, over and over,
at
very high G-ratings, until they are nothing but a seriously nasty mess
of
bodily fluids and pulped flesh.
 This is cheerfully known as "Grav Pong" in some settings.
 John
and
again. We're looking for thousands of Persians."
--Vita Aureliani