Prev: [GZG] UNSC Flag + Other Stuff Next: RE: [GZG] Beta Playtest Rules

Re: [GZG] A FT question asked by 1 of our Junior players today

From: Tony Christney <tchristney@t...>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:31:50 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] A FT question asked by 1 of our Junior players today

On 23-Sep-05, at 7:41 AM, Doug Evans wrote:
>> a) is the structure sufficiently strong to withstand gravitational
and
>> acceleration/deceleration forces
>
> as well as a positive pressure.
>
> I'll admit it's a very weak example, and I won't try to defend, but a
> jet
> fighter can take many-g stresses, and still be crushed by sinking in
> several fathoms of water. Wait a min, at least I think it will be...
> ;->=

It would be if the fuselage were watertight. This would only affect
ships
landing on planets where the atmospheric pressure is greater than the
occupants' home planet. Areas of the ship open to vacuum would probably
be open to atmosphere as well, and pressurized areas to some nominal
pressure that makes the crew comfortable.

Tony C.