Prev: Re: [GZG] A FT question asked by 1 of our Junior players today Next: [GZG] UNSC Flag + Other Stuff

Re: [GZG] A FT question asked by 1 of our Junior players

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:10:42 EDT
Subject: Re: [GZG] A FT question asked by 1 of our Junior players

In a message dated 9/23/05 7:03:28 AM,
gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
writes:

> From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@glendale.org.uk>
> To: gzg-l@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
>

> On Fri, September 23, 2005 4:02, Doug Evans said:
> >> Your points are only valid if in *your* universe...
> >
> > I thought the question applied to the Tuffleyverse; not that I have
a clue
> > in my reading, but thought that was how the answer was attempted.
>
> Is there even a fixed answer in the Tuffleyverse? It all depends on
> what units people use for turn length and distance, which I've never
> seen official figures for.
>
> If thrust 1 = 1g, then (ignoring structural limitations) even a big
> lumbering NSL superdreadnaught can land and take off from an Earth
> like world just on raw thrust.
>
> If thrust 1 = 0.25g, then only ships with a thrust > 4 are going to
> be able to do so.
>
> At some point I had streamlining adding to thrust for purposes of
> whether something could land or take off in an atmosphere.

And this is the question, in Tuffleyverse...
Can any the canon Ship reenter atmosphere, from More Thrust, most star
ships
aren't designed to reenter atmosphere...

yet it what he was asking about, were FSE fleet which seems to be
partial
streamlined in design.

And using More Thrust logic, a full Streamlined ship need thrust of 4 to

escape atmosphere
a partial streamlined ship needs a thrust of 6
I would assume a Flying brick would need thrust of 8

Have a Good One,
DOC Agren
     (Lurker on the Digest)

Prev: Re: [GZG] A FT question asked by 1 of our Junior players today Next: [GZG] UNSC Flag + Other Stuff