Prev: [GZG] Hex cloth Next: Re: [GZG] Hex cloth

Re: [GZG] Hex cloth

From: "K.H.Ranitzsch" <kh.ranitzsch@t...>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 09:45:08 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Hex cloth

Fred Schmidt schrieb:
> Hey all.  I'm thinking about marking a black cloth with 1 1/2 inch
hexes
> (the edges made up of dots) for a giant space hexmap.  I was wondering

> if anybody had any tips for me.  The best idea I have so far is to
print
> the hexes on a sheet of paper (done) and use a hole punch to punch
holes
> where I want the dots, then use it as a template on the cloth with
some
> kind of white or grey fabric marker.	It seems like it would be a long

> and tedious task, though, and not to mention prone to errors
(templates
> not fitting together right, resulting in warped hexes.  Hexes not in
> straight lines across the cloth, etc).
>
> Any tips?  Experiences?  Words of caution / ridicule?

Some thoughts:

Use the punched paper as a template for spraypainting the hexes. Do not
forget to cover the part of the cloth that is not under the punched
paper.

Align the paper by overlapping a line of punched hexes with a line of
hexes already painted. This should minimize errors.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: [GZG] Hex cloth Next: Re: [GZG] Hex cloth