Prev: Re: [GZG] Miniatures Transport Next: [GZG] Hex cloth

Re: [GZG] Re: Attack Vector pics

From: Derek Fulton <djfulton@b...>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:34:59 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Attack Vector pics

david garnham wrote:

> Oh gawd, that looks horrifically complicated.
> How long does a game between two ships take?

If you're learning in isolation from experienced players it can take a
few hours during the first few games (our first game took 6 hours but
that was more due to the fact Derek had to learn vectors as we went and
we were trying to figure out examples that turned out to have errors in
them, that has all since been sorted and its much easier to follow now).
The speed picks up with experience though and Derek and I could now get
a 2 ship game done in 2 hours or less (less if there is no projectile
weapons, we're still a bit slow to set up the shell star projectile
trackers). The shortest game we had was just shy of an hour (with a
couple of the smallest ships).

While it can take a while to play you get some nice "ohh that was cool"
shivers. For instance in our very first game Derek did a nice tumbling
roll to keep my ship's belly in his forward arc (where the majority of
his fire power was concentrated) as I flew past overhead.

Cheers

Beth (stealing Derek's email)

--
Derek Fulton.
Tasmania, Australia.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Miniatures Transport Next: [GZG] Hex cloth