Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships, Next: Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG] Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships!

RE: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..?

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@c...>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:59:24 -0700
Subject: RE: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..?

I would say that I like all manner of starships for different reasons.

Sleek and smooth is great for aliens or high-concept sci-fi, when you
are trying to set apart your ships from what we all recognize as human.

Blocky and more "useform" is good for when one is trying to establish
either a sense of overbearing or maintaining a connection to the current
paradigm of what we know as human technology.

There are in-betweens of course.  Humans can have sleek (couriers,
blockade runners, spy ships and scouts) and aliens might have big chunky
battlewagons.

Speaking of Battlewagons.  I would love to see a fleet of truly
"brutish" vessels.  Fat and solid, ominous in their bearing.

Eli