Prev: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Next: RE: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..?

Re: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships,

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 06:53:48 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships,

Grant A. Ladue wrote:

>I rather liked the NI and JPN ships when they came out, but I don't
care
>for the ESU ships having the same sort of "multi level" structure as
the
>JPN ships.  Too radical a change from the old designs for my taste.

That's a bit surprising, since the ESU used this kind of "multi-level"
structure long before the NI and IJN did - the old ESU BC, BB, BDN and
CVL
were all designed in this fashion, with the bridge section mounted below

and forward of the main hull. The only "radical" thing about *this*
particular change is that it has now spread to the other ESU ship sizes
as
well...

Regards,

Oerjan