Prev: Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..? Was: [GZG]Re: [OFFICIAL] New GZG starships! Next: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 43

[GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..?

From: david garnham <garnhamghast@f...>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:17:46 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: [GZG] Re: How d'you like your starships, fried or boiled..?

I like them all ways I have to say. I absolutely love the new ESU ships
and the old NSL ones. I think it would be nice to have another alien
race in there that follows completely different design principles. I
also agree with what someone else said about the NAC ships looking like
the bridge is detachable and a long way away from things that might go
"bang", like the reactors and engines :) I think that's a very valid
design doctrine. Personally I've never found the necks on them to be
flimsy or difficult to assemble.
I think on the whole that non atmospheric starships would be blocky,
practical and not necessarily even symetrical. I like some of the Star
Trek ships and the Minbai ones. But they're designed for TV to look
good, or menacing, or to be simple to understand (How many average Joe
theatre goers could get their heads round the idea that the big hoop
thingy with the Alien eggs in was A SPACESHIP!).
Hmmmm that's an idea maybe. Anyhoo keep up the good work Jon, I say, but
another "Hard science" alien race would be nice!

War! What is it good for? Er.....gaming