Prev: Re: Vehicle Recognition: Re: [GZG] The dreaded Panzer Chaffee Next: Re: [GZG] Vehicle Recognition

Re: [GZG] Vehicle Recognition

From: Samuel Penn <sam@g...>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 22:12:43 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Vehicle Recognition

On Monday 29 August 2005 21:49, Thomas Barclay wrote:
> Speaking of AFV/miltech recognition....
>
> I always get burned when I see the media talking about 'tanks' and
realize
> it is just an APC or AIFV that they are refering to (often not even
> tracked). And you hear them talking about 'machine-guns' - and I go
looking
> for someone toting a MAG or RPK and find out it is some fellow with an
M4,
> AK or MP5.

The same issue holds in pretty much any field of knowledge. The
'mistakes' (all in the name of talking down to the lowest common
denominator) journalists make when talking about IT are just as
annoying for those of us who work in IT.

--
Sam.					  http://www.glendale.org.uk/

Prev: Re: Vehicle Recognition: Re: [GZG] The dreaded Panzer Chaffee Next: Re: [GZG] Vehicle Recognition