Prev: [GZG] Vehicle Recognition Next: Re: [GZG] Vehicle Recognition

Re: Vehicle Recognition: Re: [GZG] The dreaded Panzer Chaffee

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:06:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Vehicle Recognition: Re: [GZG] The dreaded Panzer Chaffee

oerjan.ariander wrote on 08/29/2005 10:29:15 AM:

> As long as they can tell the difference between a LAV-25/BTR (with
wheels)
> from an Abrams/M-109/T-72 (with tracks), they're a lot more competent
at

> vehicle recognition than most journalists...

Jack of all, master of none, seems to be the problem with journalists. I

hear the same complaint about financial news commentary, though in both
cases, there's indication of improvement.

I also recently heard that the number of journalists killed in Iraq has
exceeded the number killed in two decades of the US in Viet Nam.
Suggests
they are paying their dues...

Tomb wrote on 08/29/2005 03:49:31 PM:

> Very few games really capture this inability to correctly identify
> the target. I'm sure a
> conniving DS2 GM could come up with some nasty way to harness this
> confusion... putting
> down the wrong minis... putting down the wrong number of minis, etc.

Not without individual maps, whether GM or computer controlled.

Still, hearing some of the stories a couple of recent hires at work,
just
out of the service, about experiences playing online Medal of Honor,
this
kind of FOW along with how bright simply stepping into open spaces can
be
seems to be a regular bit of amusement for them, and they were in
strictly
support units. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: [GZG] Vehicle Recognition Next: Re: [GZG] Vehicle Recognition