Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Was FTL, now FTL comms Next: [GZG] [FT] Cold Navy miniatures.

[GZG] [DSII] Precision Strike

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:24:05 +0200
Subject: [GZG] [DSII] Precision Strike

I'm reading COL Macgregor's latest, Transformation Under Fire.

I recommend it for anyone interested in modern or post-modern warfare.
 I have some problems with it, but first the purely game mechanical
question:

Taifun:
Size 1
Armor 0
FGP
VTOL
1xHeavy Artillery Payload
Point Cost: 68

Predator, Armed
Size 1
Armor 0
FGP
Aerospace
GMS/H/Sup
Point Cost: 113

The Taifun (in service with German Army next year) is a UAV with a
20kg shaped charge warhead so that it can turn itself into a Kamikaze
for an appropriately high-value target.  I chose a heavy artillery
payload as the closest approximation of this under DSII rules.	More
accurately, rule that when the UAV hits the effects of a MAK Heavy
Artillery warhead is applied to the target vehicle only.  This is for
things like CPs and ADS vehicles.  Although, really, a 58 point VTOL
for a 458 point Size 5 tank isn't a bad trade either.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/taifun/

The Predator we are all familliar with.  And with GMS/H it outranges
the purely tactical ADS systems normally present on the DSII table.

Thoughts?

John M. Atkinson
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Was FTL, now FTL comms Next: [GZG] [FT] Cold Navy miniatures.