Prev: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG SUMMER SALE OFFERS! Next: Re: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL - High Guard

[GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL - High Guard

From: Allan Goodall <awgoodall@g...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:05:07 -0500
Subject: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL - High Guard

On 7/28/05, gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
<gzg-l-request@lists.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Cover text in blue? Now you've got me. Export version? Licensed local
> printing? Damn, you've started the collector in me twitching!

Nope, that was the original book!

The original Traveller boxed edition came in three books. Each book
was black with red lettering. (They later came out with a Book 0,
which was on how to roleplay.)

Book 4 was Mercenary. It was black with orange lettering.

Book 5 was High Guard. It was black with blue lettering.

To round them out, Book 6 was Scouts; black with yellow lettering.
Book 7 was Merchant Prince; black with purple lettering. Book 8 was
Robots. Can't remember the colour (red, I think).

> Anyway, High Guard first came out in the US with a price on the upper
right
> corner of the cover; newer copies replaced this with an item number.
There
> were differences with the material inside.

The only versions I've seen, and I had the original, original
versions, didn't have a price _or_ an item number in the top right
corner.

Here's a site with pictures of what I remember the book looking like:

http://www.legendgames.co.uk/acatalog/traveller_2nd_hand.html

Allan (used to be a big Traveller nut, but then sold them off when he
wasn't working; now looking to collect the again)

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG SUMMER SALE OFFERS! Next: Re: [GZG] Hello List and some ruminations on FTL - High Guard