Prev: Re: [GZG] [Con] WCC coordinating submissions Next: Re: [GZG] How big is my tank?

Re: [GZG] How big is my tank?

From: "John K. Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:01:39 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] How big is my tank?

The only thing that I've ever heard that seemed to be somewhat
"official",
was that an M-1 Abrams is size 3.  Given that, in order of appearance
looking at dcp_0243.jpg, I would suggest...

     1	  1
     2	     3	   3
3    3	     3	   3	3    3
4    3		4     4   3    4
5	5	5	5

Now, that said, there is a HUGE amount of "personal preference and fudge

factor" involved.  If you need to carry more or less equipment, or
larger
or smaller weapons, going up or down 1 class size should be completely
acceptable.  I have some of the tanks that you have in the 4th row down
painted tan and brown, and I've made mine class 4.  The vehicle in
gray/brown in front of it, and the green artillery piece ahead of that
(going to the right), I also use as class 4.  But I can easily see that
any
of them (especially the artillery) could be class 3.  Well, maybe that's

pushing it with the heavy tank. :)

In the end, it's up to your personal taste, and as long as you tell your

opponents what class it is, it should be fine.

John

--On Sunday, July 17, 2005 5:40 PM +0100 Samuel Penn
<sam@glendale.org.uk>
wrote:

> Currently trying to sort out an army for Dirtside (a game with which
> I have pretty much zero experience).
>
> The first thing is to get the sizes of vehicles right - the size
> classes of 1 - 5 are rather course, but the difference in size between
> models seems to be somewhat less obvious.
>
> I've taken some photons of a sample of my models (mostly GZG I think),
> and arranged according to my estimated size class. If people with DS
> experience could have a look and say whether it looks vaguely sensible
> I'd be grateful.
>
> The grid they're on is a 25mm grid, with size class 1 in the top
> row, and size class 5 in the bottom row (at least in the first
picture).

> http://www.glendale.org.uk/~sam/dirtside/images.html
>
> I'm not sure about the VTOL (2nd row, far right) - should it be size 2
> or size 3?
>
> There also isn't a lot of difference in the sizes of the hover tanks
> (2nd column from left, dark green) - GZG describes the size 3 as being
> a light tank, and the size 4 as being a heavy tank, though there isn't
> much difference and the 'heavy' is a lot smaller than the other tanks
> I've designated as size 4.
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
> Be seeing you,

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu

Prev: Re: [GZG] [Con] WCC coordinating submissions Next: Re: [GZG] How big is my tank?