Prev: RE: move and fire problem Next: Re: move and fire problem

Re: move and fire problem

From: "Adrian" <al.ll@t...>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 18:18:49 +0100
Subject: Re: move and fire problem

----- Original Message -----
From: <damosan@comcast.net>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2005 5:42 PM

>>> 1. move a bit
>>> 2. fire
>>> 3. move a bit more
>>> 4. fire something else...
>>> 5. move the rest of your move.
>
> Can I just say "ewwww" ?
>
> I played SFB for far too long to bring that kind of BS into my FT
games.
> The "fix" to these issues is not to fly around the table at some large

> portion of c.
>
> --
> Damo

I've played SFB as well and I don't want to return to those "I'm just
going
to make dinner while you move your SHIP" days.	I was thinking about
"you
follow the standard FT movement rules but as soon as you see an
opportunity
to fire you fire then continue moving".   If your movement puts your
full
salvo of torpedos on target at range band 1 at some in the move then you
get
an easy shot.  The only rule addition as I can see it is if you say
"FIRE"
you have to fire, you can't say "sorry, can I change my mind".
Throughout
this the enemy gets as much chance to do something as they do in the
normal
game - that is NOTHING.

As for flying around the table at some large portion of c, I am NOT, I
repeat NOT letting my little torpedo frigate getting into a slo-mo
headbutting contest with that %@#£%* battleship.  I didn't get that
massive
engine just so I could get to the battle quickly and die.  :-)

Prev: RE: move and fire problem Next: Re: move and fire problem