Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet-wide ADFC (Was: FB3 ships, was Re: Official Japanese ships??) Next: Re: [OT] London news

Re: [FT] Fleet-wide ADFC (Was: FB3 ships, was Re: Official Japanese ships??)

From: damosan@c...
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:30:53 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Fleet-wide ADFC (Was: FB3 ships, was Re: Official Japanese ships??)

> I haven't been playing FT long, so maybe this is a silly question, but
why
> WOULDN'T you fit ADFC to any vessel mounting PDS? OK, I know there's a
> mass/point cost, but I think the ability of all ships in a squadron to
> cooperate in area defence is worth it. The FB designs only seem to
give ADFC
> to "escorts" though, so maybe I'm missing something.

National doctrine and historical opponents would determine deployment of
ADFC equipment.  But as you imply the ADFC should be standard kit for
any fleet.  I have a SSD somewhere which sports a limited assortment of
B1s, a load of PDS, and an ADFC.  I've never used it on the table but no
fleet should be without some type of AEGIS like ship in the aresenal.

--
Damo

Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet-wide ADFC (Was: FB3 ships, was Re: Official Japanese ships??) Next: Re: [OT] London news