Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet-wide ADFC (Was: FB3 ships, was Re: Official Japanese ships??) Next: Re: [FT] Fleet-wide ADFC (Was: FB3 ships, was Re: Official Japanese ships??)

Re: Playtesting UN

From: Claus Paludan <cpaludan@t...>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:38:51 +0200
Subject: Re: Playtesting UN

Hugh Fisher wrote:
> Laserlight wrote:
>
>> While we're about it...has anyone used the playtest designs for the
>> Islamic Federation?
>> The UN? New Israelis? OUDF?

We played ESU and UN with about 2 corvettes, 2 frigates, and 2
destroyers on each side (first game, second game added a frigate and a
light cruiser to the ESU and a light cruiser to the UN).

While I don't particular like to be on the recieving end of the grazers
(or the anti matter missile for that matter) both games evened out
pretty well. The ESU won the first game, but had to fight for it. The
second game had to be stopped due to time restraints but both sides had
taken heavy casualties allthough I think we(ESU) might have had the
upper hand had we continued.

The grazers are tough customers to play against, but when you get in to
close range and blast with class 2 beams the UN get it all back in their

faces.

Ignoring the fact that this was our first game(s) with only small units
and not much fancy stuff at all and the point that we in our newbee
status might have forgotten something they played pretty balanced. How
the captial ships will play remains to be seen but for now the UN feels
ok to play against!
--
With kind regards
Claus Paludan