Prev: Re: [FT] FB3 ships, was Re: Official Japanese ships?? Next: Re: Official Japanese ships??

Re: [FT] FB3 ships, was Re: Official Japanese ships??

From: VinsFullThrust@a...
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 16:05:29 EDT
Subject: Re: [FT] FB3 ships, was Re: Official Japanese ships??

In a message dated 7/7/2005 3:37:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
damosan@comcast.net writes:

Anywho	with the "mecha" style fighters available to the IJN a small
(but
loud) part  of me wants to see IJN ships throwing missles as if they
were grass
seed.

--
Damo

I toyed with the thought of missiles and decided sense GZG made mecha
fighters as miniatures for the IJN, to make the mecha fighters their
primary  tool.
So I went with Pulse torps instead. My designs are based lightly on WWII

philosophy of the Japanese. They didnt use many missiles at all, but had
THE  best
torpedoes on WWII. So I took that and ran with it. Something that cant
be
knocked down by fighters or PDS, and also not affected me screens like
beam
weapons. Keeping to the basic technology sense Mecha fighters are nasty
enough.
I did not like the animation approach to the design of the IJN ships. I
toyed
with ER salvos and normal salvoes but didnt like how they came out. If
we
start  equipping all ships with missiles, then why are there beam
weapons in the
game?  NAC use missiles and beam, ESU have one ship that uses missiles
and of
course	the French Fry people (FSE) use exclusive missiles.

Besides, I looked at the things NAC, ESU, NSL and FSE had going for
them.
Maybe I am the only that noticed this, maybe not.  But anyway. The FSE
love
engines and missiles, the ESU love tougher hulls and screens, the NAC
like speed
and vassortment of weapons, and the NSL love their armor and beams.. So
took something that the others rarely use, Pulse Torps and let the IJn
use those
 as a main stay of fire power. Usine cruisers as fodder to protect the
capitals.  And es, the caps have ADFC for the same reason the escorts
do. I cant see
 letting a DD eat 3 salvos if other ships close by can assist in
defending
it.  Remember, an escort ship is only as good as long as it is alive...
So keep
them  alive....

Another approach I did was going heavy in fighters. The CVA sports 10
full
squads compared ti the FSE 7 squads, the CVL has 5 squads to the others
4
squads, and the CVE uses 3 squads...   I dont have the BDN using
fighters or the
SDN. Given the fact all the ADFC being used, I didnt see a point  to
adding
fighters to a BDN as a screen..

Vince

Prev: Re: [FT] FB3 ships, was Re: Official Japanese ships?? Next: Re: Official Japanese ships??