Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on musings Next: RE: Fire Control lock-on musings side benefits

RE: Fire Control lock-on musings side benefits

From: "The Sutherlands" <nishawn@c...>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:49:50 -0500
Subject: RE: Fire Control lock-on musings side benefits

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
[mailto:owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU]On Behalf Of David Rodemaker
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 6:17 PM
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu

> Now this idea I like! Sort of the Command Datalink from Weber's
stuff, or a
> Sci-Fo version of integrated air-defense.

But more reason for the Fist o' Doom, too, so you can all be close
enough to share tracking data. :-(

---

A given ship can only coordinate for so many other ships.  Depending on
your
PSB and game balance needs you could limit the max size of squadrons
available accordingly.

It is also dangerous to put all your eggs in one basket.  If the 6 MU
limit
is given, your manuever would be very limited. And make your entire
force
very juicy targets for area of effect weapons. And if your one command
ship
gets nailed you just lost all your coordination.

As a PSB for the 6 MU limit the lag in communications over any distance
greater than that would degrade the targeting data so much as to be
generally useless. YMMV.

As yet another side you could link ADFC to the squadron you are a part
of.
Makes those carrier escorts vitally important.	Maybe you could even
link
fighter CAP to the squadron as well! :)

Anyway the more I think about it the more I think this would make fleet
games and fleet make up a lot more structured and interesting.

That Chuk Guy

Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on musings Next: RE: Fire Control lock-on musings side benefits