Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 23:14:18 +0100
Subject: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

On Thursday 23 June 2005 15:11, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> As those on the playtest list will already know, I'm VERY much
> against the range band adjustment idea, mainly (being entirely honest
> here) on grounds of personal taste. I know it does work, but I find
> it messy and counter-intuitive in the context of FT. YMMV, of course.
> I can live with a very simple modification like doubling or halving
> range bands, but when it gets to taking one, two or more mu off each
> band, I really, really don't like it.

Why does it have to affect the range *band*? It's far simpler just
to affect the range - a ship at 23" with +6" from stealth is now
effectively at 29" for all weapon systems. One simple addition.

I'd agree with you about not changing the bands. I don't like that
idea either.

--
Sam.					  http://www.glendale.org.uk/

Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)