Prev: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

Re: Fire Control lock-on

From: Claus Paludan <cpaludan@t...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:42:07 +0200
Subject: Re: Fire Control lock-on

> Having said that, I like sensor rules, and would be quite happy with
> a more complex game system with stealth, sensors, command vessels and
> the like (B5 Wars style ELINT vessels are interesting).

I would have to agree here. Sensors, lock-ons, command stuff etc will
add new dimensions to the game. New tactical considerations and all. As
rules in SG,DS and FT are presented in a manner which let people use
more or less the level of detail they want, I have no fear that adding
these rules will make things too complicated. (still haven't played FT
though). The basic sensor rules in current FT could still be used in the

new set if people didn't want the added level of detail, thus leaving
out the entire lock-on process etc..

Well, just my opinion for now.. must get my ESU fleet out to beat some
enemy ships soon so I actually have more than just reading the rules as
argument weight!

--
With kind regards
Claus Paludan