Prev: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on

Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:01:02 +0100
Subject: Re: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions)

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 10:30, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> Seeing as this subject has come up in the last few days' discussions,
> I thought I'd take the opportunity to canvass some opinions from all
> of you out there in gzg-list-land..... this is something that's been
> discussed at some length in the past within the playtest group, but
> sometimes it's both interesting and valuable to get some feedback
> from a much larger group of players.

What are you most trying to aim for with Full Thrust?

A simple set of rules which is fast to play?
A generic set of rules which can model all types of space combat?

Adding ELINT stuff improves the second but reduces the first. Some
genres are difficult to do in standard FT (B5 for instance) without
adding ELINT of some sort, but then if you wanted to model B5 warfare
you can always use B5 Wars.

FT is perfectly playable without ELINT, and it's not really needed
for the standard background.

Having said that, I like sensor rules, and would be quite happy with
a more complex game system with stealth, sensors, command vessels and
the like (B5 Wars style ELINT vessels are interesting).

--
Sam.					  http://www.glendale.org.uk/

Prev: Fire Control lock-on (was: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions) Next: Re: Fire Control lock-on