Prev: RE: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions

RE: [FT] squadron suggestions

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:48:38 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] squadron suggestions

Doug said:
>Also, do people use ships smaller than frigates? Except for some
'giant-stomping-fleas' set ups, I've never had a use for 'em, and tend
not
to have FF's.

Aside from "a flock of strike boats against an enemy capital", I usually
try to have a fairly limited range of classes in the battle -- BBs and
CH,
for instance, or CH and CL.

If there's a non-combat use for frigates--recovering fighter pilots, for
instance, or scounts--then you might have a reason to add them to your
force.

In Napoleonic fleet actions, the convention was that a ship of the line
wouldn't fire at a frigate unless the friagte fired first.  As I recall,
Brit frigate was in the middle of Trafalgar, and never fired or received
shot.  On the other hand, if the frigate *did* shoot, it was fair
game--a
French frigate (Serieuse?) at the Nile found this out.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: RE: [FT] squadron suggestions Next: Re: [FT] squadron suggestions