Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Co-Axial MG? Next: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

From: Chip Dunning <chip.dunning@f...>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:28:23 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

Again. Unnecessarily rigid.

Turret is rotated so that the main weapon in the turret is firing at a
single target. Secondary weapon within that turret can lock on to
another, but maybe only within the same arc that the turret is current
facing.

When matched guns are found in most modern surface warships can elevate
independently. Given FTs hand-waving away the 3D aspect of space combat
in favor of something more simple, ships can easily only be on multiple
planes of each other (so they can fire through friendly models and the
like).
	Thus targeting two opponents with different weapons might be a
simple
matter of elevating the second weapon an extra degree or two.

Again this is all within the fungible definition of a "turn" in FT.
Within that turn everyone is actually still moving - again we only
conform firing to the end of this "turn" to make the game easy.

We can probably table this discussion since we are not reaching any type

of middle ground and instead stand apart churning the same ground. My
view of FT is that it provides a set of basic rulebooks that do not set
out to tell you how anything is actually done, only what effect they
have on the game world.
	So, I like all variant rules to approach from this same mindset
- like
the HERO RPG of which I am also a fan. It is obvious that your view of
FT is different. Equally valid its just that given our two different
views it is unlikely that we will find middle ground.

I have offered my opinion on this subject and I gave what I hoped was a
full explanation of why I held that opinion in relation to FT.

Case Closed.

Chip