Prev: Re: [FT] Agility, Stealth, and the Fist of Doom Next: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

Re: [OT] Re: Co-Axial MG?

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 21:29:05 +0200
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Co-Axial MG?

On 5/20/05, Michael Robert Blair <pellinoire@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The co-axial MG is rigidly mounted alongside the main
> gun. The commanders gun is mounted on top and is
> comletely different. I beleive the standard American
> gun for this is not the M60 but a version of the
> Belgian MAG - the British armies beloved 'Gimpy' or
> GPMG.

The M-1 family actually has three machine guns.  The co-axial machine
gun and the one mounted on the loader's turret ring are both versions
of the M-240, the license-built FN MAG.

The one on the commander's cupola is the beloved M2 HB .50 caliber
heavy machinegun.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [FT] Agility, Stealth, and the Fist of Doom Next: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn