Prev: Re: CNN.com - Report: Air Force seeks Bush nod for space weapons - May 18, 2... Next: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 23:37:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

>> A second turret design would allow the weapons
within the turret to
>> target different units, but they would be limited
to the same arc. An
>> example of this would be like the COAX on most MBTs
or the guns on
just
>> about any modern surface warfare combatant.

>Umm.. Not sure what you mean here, but...

>As far as I'm aware the coax MG on a MBT is never
used to engage

Are you referring to the commanders Mg?  Although it
is mounted
on the turret it is completely separate and can
operate 360 degrees.
It is an internal weapon since after WW II on all US
tanks
(M48/M60/M1) which improves the chances of survival
for the tank commander over the exposed mounts of
earlier
tanks (Grant tank of WWII had internal Commander Mg
but
 lots of other problems)