Prev: RE: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn Next: Re: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

Re: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

From: <derk@c...>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:21:20 +0200
Subject: Re: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

> A second turret design would allow the weapons within the turret to
> target different units, but they would be limited to the same arc. An
> example of this would be like the COAX on most MBTs or the guns on
just
> about any modern surface warfare combatant.

Umm.. Not sure what you mean here, but...

As far as I'm aware the coax MG on a MBT is never used to engage
different targets than the main gun, at the same time at the main gun? I
thought they were pretty damn fixed with respect to eachother, which is
what _co-ax_ial implies?

As for the guns on modern surface combattants, I'm fully lost what you
are suggesting here. The vast majority of modern surface combattants
have one gun per turret, and those that have more than one gun per
turret fire at the same bearing and elevation - hence at the same
target? (*)

Best regards,

      Derk

(*) In principle, loading different amounts of propellants might allow
one to fire against targets at different ranges. I'm not aware of anyone
doing this in practice though. It would seem a rather tricky thing to
do.

Prev: RE: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn Next: Re: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn