Prev: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn Next: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 14:34:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn

>  Hmm unless it was possible to lose one but not the other to a
threshold,
  would think that you would want to treat the turretted weapons as one
single	weapon.  If they always fire at the same target, and die
together,
then they're one weapon with the effects of two.
>  Now if the idea is that you check each threshold for each weapon, and
any
 failure knocks the whole lot out, that's a different kettle of fish.
In
that case, I'd say that having the second (and each additional) weapon
being 1/2 cost would be about right.

There are (at least) three ways to do it:
a. roll once, a failure kills everything
b. roll for each weapon, any failure kills everything
c. roll for each weapon, when one fails, the remainder check at one
level
worse -- eg you're taking your level one check, you roll a 1 for the
first
weapon, now you lose any further weapons on a 1 or 2

What I had in mind was (a) but (c) might be interesting too

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn Next: Re: [FT] Weapons Cost for firing every other turn