Prev: Re: Fighter Rules - Fighter Attacks - correction Next: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships - special deal available!

Re: Fighter Rules - Fighter Attacks

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 09:19:11 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighter Rules - Fighter Attacks

***
  I prefer the original description of the PSB of fighter attacks from
FT: that they are shooting at range.  The alternate view, that they
make an "attack run" has a lot of problems with it.
***

One of the reasons for the "attack run" paradigm is PDS. CWIS, as I
understand it, is supposed to work because the aggressor is a) close and
b)
angled almost straight at the weapon. I assumed that was the reason most
PDS are effect ONLY in defending against attacks against the platform on
which they reside.

When no one's looking here at work, I'll dig out FBII and check out how
the
original description is phrased. Obviously, I'm not recalling it as you
are. Likewise, will have to work on the rest of your argument. Having
never
flown, and seldom faced, fighters, I'm pretty rusty on the exact
mechanics.

Thanks!

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Fighter Rules - Fighter Attacks - correction Next: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships - special deal available!