Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: RE: [FT] First Game AAR

Re: VC given to Brit Warrior driver for actions in Iraq

From: Allan Goodall <awgoodall@c...>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:40:12 -0500
Subject: Re: VC given to Brit Warrior driver for actions in Iraq

Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:45:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@magma.ca>

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1441055,00.html

The BBC's news item from March 18 is slightly better only because it has

a picture of him.

The original story is here:

The full citation, with another picture, is here:

> This isn't just the pathetic retelling you get from one line news
summaries. This is the
> citation in full. It is quite a read. When I read the media blurbs, I
thought "Have they
> dropped the standards for the VC? Doesn't seem quite worthy...." but
after reading the
> citation, I have no doubts - he earned his medal the hard way.

I agree. The point where I went, "My god!" was when he climbed onto the
Warrior the third time to drive it to the safety of a perimeter "thus
denying it to the enemy". Above and beyond the call of duty, indeed.

--

Allan Goodall		http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@cmaaccess.com	  agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: RE: [FT] First Game AAR