Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: VC given to Brit Warrior driver for actions in Iraq

Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:28:42 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

> The GZG Digest wrote on 4/28/2005 1:00 AM:
>
> Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:55:00 -0400 (EDT)
>
> From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
>
> > The strikeboat concept is a fun one to play with sometime, but it's
> > not truly viable in a "real world" way.  Of course, you guys know
> > that.  :-)
>
> If you are talking "real world" why are you discussing "human" crews?
> Why not an AI crew?
>
> (I know, this will get into the "but humans are unpredictable, AIs are
> not" discussion, like it usually does. I still believe that in 200
years
> we should be able to write AI capable of maneuvering a strikeboat on a
> suicide run.)

    Actually, I would just stick to the argument that the basic premise
of
  almost any sci-fi setting that you might want to game is that that
they have
  living non-computer crew.
    In 200 years, the AI will probably be capable of running any ship
you might
  want to think of.

  grant

Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: VC given to Brit Warrior driver for actions in Iraq