Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: Fighter Defenses was Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:24:49 +0200
Subject: Re: Fighter Defenses was Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Roger B-W wrote:

> >One idea we've tossed (and the playtest group too, I gather) is to
> >somehow allow anti-ship weapons to engage fighters at range with
reduced
> >effectiveness, of course.
>
>Oh. Right. Have you not seen the "officially unofficial" version of
>this posted last year?
>http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/200403/msg00286.html

Don't be frightened off by the turgid prose, BTW. That file is as huge
as
it is because it explains just about everything in detail thrice... I
tried
to get some of the native-speakers  on the playtest list to clean it up,

but to little avail :-/

Laserlight, is your "beta-test light" file available on-line somewhere?
IIRC you condensed the beta-test fighter rules down to about two pages,
including the complete revised turn sequence.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada