Prev: RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@c...>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:45:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada

David Rodemaker wrote:
>>>Who cares?
>>
>>Pretty much everybody in my gaming group and multiple people on this
list.

> Sarcasm my good sir. It was whimsical sarcasm.

Blasted text... I couldn't see your mischevious grin!

>>IMO, an effort should be made for a points system to be able to
balance
>>campaigns as well as one-off build-n-bring games.
>

> Impossible, can't think of one that worked that didn't have an inbuilt
set
> of implicit or explicit campaign, doctrine, 'technological limits'
rules to
> go with it.

Ermm... have you committed the heresy of playing SX?  The initial
impression I have is that they MIGHT have it right... but then again,
limited playtesting so far.  We haven't gotten to the point that we can
start trying to poke holes in the rules yet.

> Personally, I like the idea of the Anti-Fighter EMP Buglight - I'm not
sure
> how I'd work the idea since ADFC/PDS DD's have always worked pretty
well for
> me.

I do think that there needs to be more options to dealing with fighters
than just taking fighters yourself... I've long contended that.

> If fighters are that much of a problem - don't play with them.

That would hurt at least one of my regular gaming buddy's feelings very
much... not an option.

--Tim

Prev: RE: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada Next: Re: Fighters....Re: Full Thrust vs Starmada