Prev: AAR: NSL vs (Vins) IJN Next: new ships at salute.. attn Jon

[OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:26:10 +0100
Subject: [OFFICIAL] New ESU ships: NAMING HELP REQUEST!

Hi all,

Well, the master moulds are made for the first batch of new ESU
ships, and all of them have come out OK - so I can now confirm what
is available (or will be in a day or two once the production moulds
are made and we start to spin some out....)

We have....

FT 232	  New Scoutship (pack of 3)				1.50 GBP
FT 233	  New Corvette (pack of 3)				2.00 GBP
FT 234	  New Frigate (pack of 2)
	2.00 GBP
FT 235	  New Destroyer (pack of 2)				2.50 GBP
FT 236	  New Light Cruiser					2.00 GBP
FT 238	  New Heavy Cruiser					3.00 GBP
FT 242	  New Superdreadnought (includes NEW stand - see below) 12.00
GBP
FT 244	  New Heavy Carrier  (includes NEW stand - see below)
	12.00 GBP

More classes to follow once Salute is out of the way!

Now, as you'll have noticed, none of these have names yet - so I'm
asking for suggestions from you guys on the list.... obviously they
need to be in keeping with the original ESU class names, a mix of
Russian and Chinese - so, any good ideas?

Oh yes, PICTURES..... all being well I'll be taking some later today,
and will obviously be emailing them over to Paul for putting up on
the GZG site ASAP, but as that may take a while to get done if there
is anyone else who'd be happy to put them up on another suitable site
straight away for the listers to see (Dean...?) then please let me
know.

One thing you will notice as soon as you get to see the pics is the
STAND under the big ship classes (SDN and CVH) - at last, I've got
round to doing an ALL- METAL LARGE HEX BASE for bigger ship classes -
it's approx. 50mm diameter (42mm across flats), has a very solid cast
metal mounting post (non-tapered, so it can easily be replaced with
brass rod if you prefer) and the base is marked with the 6 fire arcs
plus additional tic-marcs at all the "clock-face" points. The new ESU
ships, though BIG, are very stable on these new stands - and they
should work well for the other big ships in the FT range too. They
will be INCLUDED in the price of the new ESU large classes as noted
above, but will also be available separately to use for any other
large models:

FT 003	    Large hex stand (metal) - single		1.50 GBP
FT003A	  Large hex stand (metal) - pack of 4	5.00 GBP

These will be available in a few days, along with the new ships, and
we'll have stocks of them at Salute!

Best,

Jon (GZG)

Prev: AAR: NSL vs (Vins) IJN Next: new ships at salute.. attn Jon