Prev: OUDF ships Next: Re: New ships!

Re: New ships!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:10:40 +0100
Subject: Re: New ships!

>  > Yes, the ESU was (in our opinion) the most in need of some new
>>  additions/replacements for the old minis...
>
>Just for my own info, are the older designs still going to be
available?
>Are there going to be new stats for the new ships, or are these mostly
>replacements to use old stats?
>
>I know your description:
>
>>  for the ESU - all-new designs, while still keeping enough styling
>>  cues from the old ships that you will be able to mix and match.
>>  FH-wise, they will be designs that were beginning to come into
>>  production just before the Xeno War
>
>sounds like they'll have new stats, but still wondering if the old
ships
>will be in the catalog. If not, no problem; I've plenty waiting paint
as it
>is. And, I've always had a fondness for ESU's 'obsolete' fleet. ;->=

The idea is for new stats, but for now you can just tinker with the
old ones slightly, as ESU basic doctrine will remain much the same.

As to the old minis, they will remain listed and available at least
for the near future (the new ships will have different codes running
in the usual sequence from 231, eg: FT235 for the new DD, FT238 for
the new CH, FT242 for the new SDN etc). We won't guarantee that the
old minis will be around for ever, and as moulds deteriorate it's
likely that we won't be replacing them - though having said that,
we've just remoulded the original 209 and the "wing" section from the
210/211 because the old ones were getting very hard to cast.

Even if we eventually delete some/all of the "old" ships from the
lists, they should remain available to "cast-on-demand" special order
as long as the moulds last out.

When you consider that most of the early ESU and NAC ships were
sculpted by CMD back in about 1991-92, they've been in continuous
production for a lot longer than most game miniatures!

>I'm assuming the new designs will be more radical departures than the
>Voroshilev and Volga designs...

Oh, yes....  ;-)
First photos in a day or two!