Prev: RE: Beta Fighter game report Next: Re: New ships! (was: Re: Fwd: RE: [GZGOLC] Comments Please)

Re: New ships!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:28:18 +0100
Subject: Re: New ships!

>Ground Zero Games wrote:
>
>>Our major new model launch for Salute is a whole load of NEW ships
>>for the ESU - all-new designs, while still keeping enough styling
>>cues from the old ships that you will be able to mix and match.
>>FH-wise, they will be designs that were beginning to come into
>>production just before the Xeno War to replace the older ships -
>>during and after XW1 their production will be accelerated to
>>replace the huge losses of the war. Thus you can have some of the
>>new designs in a pre-XW1 (SW3) fleet as new ships "just off the
>>slips", and also quite happily use your older ships alongside the
>>new ones in post-XW1 forces as venerable survivors of the war years!
>
>May I plead for:
>
>Some more FCT ships. One destroyer design really isn't enough.

The FCT are on the list to be expanded into a full fleet, watch this
space....

>A rationalisation of the OU situation.
>Eureka doesn't carry frigates: GZG doesn't carry lt carriers.
>Yes, I know there's some history there.

Oerjan has just designed a very nice BC and a BB for the OUDF, which
we'll have in production very soon - watch this space!
Nic's never been happy with the quality of the FF mini (yes, it WAS a
"quickie" conversion of a cut-down DD), but no-one who has bought any
from us has ever complained about them to my knowledge.... personally
I think they're fine. The odd thing is that his reason for not
sending us the CVL was that he was thought that was a bit rough too,
though he still produces it....  :-/
Maybe we'll just have to do a new CVL based on Oerjan's BC/BB parts.

>A list of ships so SSDs can be created.
>
>BTW love the idea above, I assume ESU is just the most urgent.

Yes, the ESU was (in our opinion) the most in need of some new
additions/replacements for the old minis. Next up will probably be
the NAC, with some new classes for the NSL and FSE being dropped in
here and there.

Best,

Jon (GZG)