Prev: Re: Firecon and Missiles Next: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

Re: SG2tweaks

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:44:58 -0500
Subject: Re: SG2tweaks

The GZG Digest wrote on 4/3/2005 1:00 AM:

> Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 14:07:13 -0600
> From: Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu>

> Allan, is your boardgame adaptation of SGII only for regular SG fans,
or do
> you think it might be a good intro for vacc-heads?

I had two reasons for creating a board game SG2 (which I call
Stargrunt-SL, "SL" stands for "Squad Leader", since you need some
boards, like _Squad Leader_ or _Advanced Squad Leader_ boards, to play).

One reason was to allow me to play SG2 in a smaller area. A large 8' by
4' table can be recreated on one or two ASL boards.

The second reason was to allow players to learn the game and actually
play it until such time as they had enough figures painted. So, it could

work as an introduction to vacc-heads. Unfortunately (but fortunately
for Jon) you need the main SG2 rulebook to play, and the board game bits

are bolted on. It would be much easier to learn if the rules were all
integrated into a single rule book.

It does play faster than regular SG2. There's no measuring, just hex
counting, and moving a unit involves picking up one or two counters
instead of a bunch of figures and several counters.

--

Allan Goodall	    http://www.hyperbear.com
agoodall@att.net    agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Firecon and Missiles Next: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?