Prev: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/? Next: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefertma@w...>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 14:30:17 -0600
Subject: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?

Since I am also a CotI member, I whole heatedly agree with Tom. I've
tried
to wrap my head around Striker and I just can't get past the orders/turn

system. (Sorry, I don't want to wait 12 turns for my forces to
single-mindedly act upon their orders. I don't care how "realistic" it
seems.) That, and the vehicle creation system is an anal retentive
nightmare.  (Why do I have to figure out the exact cubic volume that my
tank's engine takes up?  I just want to play.)

I love the Traveller background and the technology.  It's just that a
lot of
the rules were written by people with a very fastidious notion of what
gaming is about. That's why I mainly play T20 these days. (I don't need
use hexadecimal notation for my player character sheets.)

So, in conclusion, I would very much like to see a Taveller-based
DSII/SGII/FMA-S rules set ala Power Projection.  Of course, Dom Mooney
at
BITS isn't going to do it because he has "At Close Quarters." However,
if we
can figure something out, I'd like to help anyway I could.

Later,

Mark A. Siefert

Prev: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/? Next: Re: Traveller + SG2/DS2/?