Prev: Re: Beta Fighter game report Next: Re: Fixing salvo missiles

Re: Fixing salvo missiles

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:09:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Fixing salvo missiles

--- Indy <kochte@stsci.edu> wrote:
> J,
>
> Might part of the problem be the added variables you guys have
> introduced to your games [ECM, Stealth]?
> New stuff can quickly destabilize or
> unbalance established systems (then again, sometimes established
> things can unbalance as well ;-)

A reasonable question, but I don't think so.

We played with salvo missiles "out of the box" before we decided that
we didn't like them.

We did not apply our ECM or Stealth rules when we tried the Fighter
Beta rules.

Our Stealth and ECM effects on range bands we worked out vs. beams,
PTs, and K-guns similar to what is on the W&DA, just that we called the
"basic FB rules" to be level 2 for everything, rather than level 0 as
W&DA.  For SMs, we give them +'s (and -'s) to the missile's TH roll in
the SM system that we use.  I am not sure what would be a good way to
have them affect RAW SMs.

Prev: Re: Beta Fighter game report Next: Re: Fixing salvo missiles