Prev: Re: Fixing salvo missiles Next: RE: Fixing salvo missiles

Re: Fixing salvo missiles

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:53:59 -0500
Subject: Re: Fixing salvo missiles

> [See reply to Beth Fulton's post]

Okay, now that you've described the problem, I agree, at least to some
extent.  I'd say that the idea is that warships have a certain amount
of evasion and ECM built in, so when missiles miss, it's because the
defenses happen automatically.

> > >Salvo Missile Racks are really underutilized.
> Jon T. and the Official GZG-verse fleets (as Dean G. has stated that
Jon T. designed all the FB1 fleets).
 > There is only 1 FB ship that has any SMRs, and it is a variant
described in text only, no SSD.

You've overlooked the Gorshkov.  However, IMHO the SMR is a better
deal and several iterations of the Islamic Fed used SMR exclusively
(ie no SML/magazine combos); I was one of the people who kept asking
Oerjan "why DOES anyone use SMLs?".   But don't get hung up on the FB1
designs--at least some of them were intentionally sub-optimal.	And
you're always free to write your own.

As far as I know, the FB3 Islamic Fed ships will be similar to these:
http://home.quixnet.net/%7Edeboe/ft/ifships.htm .  Try them with SMR
replacing each pair of Heavy Missiles.

Prev: Re: Fixing salvo missiles Next: RE: Fixing salvo missiles