Prev: Re: [semi-VV] Multiple resources - was RE: Game balance Next: Re: UNSC ships

Re: [VV] Meran Cluster

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:34:20 +0100
Subject: Re: [VV] Meran Cluster

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 23:28:33 +1100, Derek Fulton
<djfulton@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Did you also intend to wipe out absolutely everything except bacteria
> and wind/water dispersed plants like grass/seagrass?	Taking out
nearly

Yup.  It's supposed to be a dead planet.  There's a plot there that
I'm working towards.  And dead is going to mean dead.

> That leave of destruction is fairly major. Its also fairly unlikely
> unless the make up of the life in the cluster is a lot more similar
than
> on Earth. There is no existing toxin that we know about that could
come
> anywhere close on Earth. I'm not a chemist so I can't think of one
that
> would kill more than about 10%, a chemist could probably make it 30%,
> but not much more I'd reckon.

It's actually a series of toxin cocktails that took decades to
completely design and test.

Probably the initial attacks/dispersions were into the ventilation
systems of the starports and such, and planetwide dispersal took many
releases over the next few days, but the mythology is going to
condense the timeframe.  The Hand of God are the bogeyman under the
bed in this cluster, and more so because they only conducted one
operation that anyone knows about, but it was devestatingly effective.

John
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [semi-VV] Multiple resources - was RE: Game balance Next: Re: UNSC ships