Prev: Re: UNSC ships Next: RE: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

Re: UNSC ships

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 20:10:56 +0000
Subject: Re: UNSC ships

>Well, the glue is the TUFLOC (no relation!! <G>) brand that we sell at
>shows (we buy it in bulk from a trade supplier), and the accelerator is
the
>same brand - a sample can that I was sent that I've been using at the
>workshop. It's so good that I'll probably be ordering some cans of the
>accelerator to sell alongside the glue. I believe there are various
other
>brands on the market that are probably just as good - try a decent
local
>model shop if you have one.
>
>Jon (GZG)

In my own experience, CA accelerator tends to weaken the bond -- the
superglue is more "brittle" when it cures.  I generally use it to tack
things in place, and then strengthen the bond with more glue afterwards.

This is with Zap-a-Gap brand CA glue and accelerator, so different
formulations may have different effects.  One thing for certain: the
fumes
from the Zap Accelerator could knock a buzzard off a dung heap at 30
paces.
I make damned sure to use the stuff in a very well-ventilated area.

A friend of mine couldn't use it at all; one whiff of the stuff would
give
him an instant skull-splitting headache.

'course, it's been months since I've done any miniatures work.	Living
in
babyland now, I've been spending most of my "free" time trying to catch
up
on my sleep.  By now, my superglue has probably turned into solid
masses.

   John C

Prev: Re: UNSC ships Next: RE: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms