Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms Next: Re: UNSC ships

Re: UNSC ships

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 19:42:18 +0000
Subject: Re: UNSC ships

>On 4 Feb 2005, at 17:33, Ground Zero Games wrote:
>>On our display stand ones (which admittedly don't get handled in
>>games, but they DO get vigorously shaken around in the back of the
>>van to and from every show!), there is no pinning at all - they are
>>assembled straight from the casting machine using a good thickish
>>superglue. That said, I am now very much an advocate of using
>>superglue accelerator - the aerosol stuff that you squirt sparingly
>>on to one part, put the glue on the other, bang 'em together and
>>ZAP!!, they're stuck solid - just like we all used to assume that
>>superglue was SUPPOSED to work when it was first introduced!	<G>
>>I put the new NI ships together for the photos and displays with
>>this stuff, and I'm now wondering how I ever managed without it....
>
>Jon,
>
>What's the brand and where do you get it from?

Well, the glue is the TUFLOC (no relation!! <G>) brand that we sell
at shows (we buy it in bulk from a trade supplier), and the
accelerator is the same brand - a sample can that I was sent that
I've been using at the workshop. It's so good that I'll probably be
ordering some cans of the accelerator to sell alongside the glue. I
believe there are various other brands on the market that are
probably just as good - try a decent local model shop if you have one.

Jon (GZG)