Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms Next: Re: [semi-VV] Multiple resources - was RE: Game balance

Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 02:12:34 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms

At 11:04 PM -0800 2/5/05, Scott Siebold wrote:
>  >  Singapore??  Too much tightrope  walking to let
>>themselves
>>become associated with any superpower outside the
>>region.
>Strange you bring it up but I was reading about the
>buildup of the Peoples Republic of China (PRC) Navy.
>If I read it correctly there will be at least two
>large carriers in the PRC Navy and the support ships
>to defend them within the next five years.

There's more to successful and effective carrier
ops than building the carrier and operating them.
They'll have to run them to sea regularly and
practice practice practice. They don't have the
cadre of people to teach the new guys the science
and art of ship board fixed wing aviation
operations so I suspect they'll have to learn all
the things the US and Royal Navy's did over the
last 100 years.

>Give China a couple of victories against their local
>neighbors in the potential "oil grab" for islands
>game and they may end up a super power. Take all of

It'll take more than that to challenge the US and
Royal Navy and also not annoy the Japanese too
much. But, Australia might want to watch to the
North a bit in the next 10 years.
Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: Re: [OT]Wither Canada? And Australias Abrahms Next: Re: [semi-VV] Multiple resources - was RE: Game balance