Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #2320 Next: Re: Wild Times in southern Oz

Re: Current vehicle production/use (was [VV] Vectorverse)

From: "Sylvester M. W." <xveers@g...>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 18:33:07 -0800
Subject: Re: Current vehicle production/use (was [VV] Vectorverse)

> Not merely that, but the ASLAVs in Australian service are designed by
> General Dynamics Canada. They differ in a number of significant
details
> from the USMC variety. They've also picked up a great reputation for
> them protecting their crews - we had 2 LARGE bombs go off nearby in
> Iraq, and although the crews were injured, none have been permanently
> damaged (though the ASLAVs in question will never be the same).

Well, tis better to have the tank suffer than the crew. I'll let ya in
on a secret. Before we spray on the paint, we give each vehicle a
thurough wrapping with duct tape. Keeps it together AND absorbs
kinetic attacks at 57% effectiveness compared to chobblam plate but
with less than 1/4th the mass or thickness.

And repair kits are availabe at every hardware store from here to Dar El
Sallam

<grins really stupidly>

(sorry guys, couldn't resist)

--
"Push The Button Frank"

Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #2320 Next: Re: Wild Times in southern Oz