Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:20:57 +0000
Subject: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

On Monday 31 January 2005 18:35, Ryan Gill wrote:
> At 12:36 PM -0500 1/31/05, Grant A. Ladue wrote:
> >	The Bospherous (sp?) or Gibralter were pains *for the technology
of
> > the time*.	Right now, we'd just pound them day and night with
cruise
> > missile attacks until a manned force could just walk right in.
>
> That ignores that they don't have their own systems for similar
defense.

Lots of ADAF around the gate exit to take out the missiles. Missiles
of your own to send back through the gate looking for whatever is
throwing the missiles your way.

You may also have control over both sides of the gate, so the enemy
may have to attack two sets of defences before they can get through.

--
Be seeing you,				   http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.					jabber: samuel.penn@jabber.org

Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL