Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:17:29 -0500
Subject: RE: [VV] Vectorverse FTL

>So which one to drop?
>Wormhole/gate are the similar technology, but there would need to be a
lot
of wormholes for a viable empire.

If we're postulating that wormholes / Alderson points are natural --
which
is the way I think of them -- then there can be a lot of them.	Not one
between every pair of stars, though.  Let's say that the presence a
jumpline is determined by both stars' mass and temperature plus some
handwaving and divided by the distance between the two.  That would mean
M dwarf would only have a jumpline  if the other star is really, really
close; an O giant would have lots of connections.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL Next: Re: [VV] Vectorverse FTL